Friday, March 1, 2013

"Huck's Hocks" (a long distance collaboration)


"Huck's been cooking up a weird storm over in Italy, and while I'm not much of a cook (more the fisherman in this operation, but the water is still to cold and high to get out the fly rod), the other day I picked up some hog hocks.  Under Huck's long distance advice I put them in the slow cooker all day long on low with just a few ingredients and they turned out wonderful.  They tasted like suckering other kids into doing my chores (which would be nice about now!):
Ingredients

3 big pig hocks 
1 dollop of cheap single malt scotch
1 can of tomato sauce
1.5 cups of BBQ sauce (I used "Sweet Baby Ray's Gourmet Sauce")
1 cup of Bloody Mary Mix (I used Smirnoff's Spice Bloody Mary Mix)
3 whole cloves of garlic
1 quarter of a chopped spanish onion
a shake or two of salt and pepper



  
How It's Done
Cooked it for about 8 hours, and came home to a wonderful meal.  
If only I could have shared it with Huck!  

Tom

No comments:

Post a Comment