Friday, March 29, 2013

Red Pepper and Corn Soup

So as you gathered, I like soup. Here is another one.

Ingredients:
2-3 large red peppers  (the peppers I used were HUGE so perhaps 4-5 if they are smaller peppers).
1 medium onion
2-3 hot peppers
3-4 heads of garlic
2 cans of corn (~670 grams)
3-4 carrots
salt and pepper

How It Is Done:
This soup is very very easy to make in that all you really need to do it dice the vegetables and add them to ~1 litre of broth (vegetable or poultry would be best). Bring the mix to a boil and then reduce and simmer until the contents are fork tender.

At this point you can use an immersion blender or a regular blender to puree the contents. After the contents have been pureed add the preferred amounts of salt and pepper and simmer for ~10 mins further.

the soup should be thick and typically all of the corn does not truly puree so there will be some kernels left to give more texture. For the hot peppers I used Thai chillies and it made the soup just nice but not very spicy, so you can gauge and very for how spicy you would like.

For one bowl of this soup I also diced up a hard boiled egg and added it to the soup. This worked quite well, I liked it at least. You might also try it with milk or cream, which I think would be good but I have yet to try.

Well, that's about it. I hope you enjoy this soup if you try it.


RAFTIN'!


Huck

No comments:

Post a Comment